Get to know StudioGC’s architectural firm one employee at a time. Continue reading to learn more about our Associate Architect/Marketing Specialist Alyssa Krause!
1. How long have you been with StudioGC?
2 years in June!
2. What projects are you currently working on?
A little bit of everything you could say. While I have a few full time projects that I work on including West Aurora High School and St. Bede Academy, I am also consistently assisting with almost half of our library projects including Geneva Library, Fossil Ridge Library and Gail Borden Library. In addition to working on certain projects, I also run our marketing efforts and are always striving to help our firm land new clients.
3. Before working at StudioGC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
When I was in high school, I actually ran my own business teaching piano lessons.
4. If you are not at StudioGC, what are you most likely doing?
Enjoying the city life, playing sports, and hanging out with my friends! You will never find a moment when I am sitting still.
5. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Work hard to play hard. – My mother
6. What is the one thing you cannot do without?
Family and Friends
7. What is your favorite project you have worked on?
While I have learned a lot on multiple projects, I would have to say getting to work on the design of the brand new elementary school for West Aurora SD129 has been my favorite project. Not only have I been able to see the project develop from the very first phase, but I also had the opportunity to assist in all design selections.
8. What is the TV show you never miss?
Who has time for TV? But really, I would rather be doing something active or with friends than sitting and watching TV.
9. What is playing in your car now?
For sure a country radio station
10. Are you messy or organized?
Definitely organized, except for the sticky notes and lists everywhere
11. What is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
I wouldn’t fully consider it a vacation since it was technically a study abroad program, but my trip to Europe was a lifelong adventure that I will never forget. I had the opportunity to visit Greece, Italy, Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic and Germany.
12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Honestly, I would probably pick Chicago. I would just want to go on a few more vacations during the winter to warm beaches.
13. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!
14. What was the first concert you went to see?
Elton John with my mom
15. Are you a morning or night person?
Night person, while trying to be a morning person once in a while
16. What is your favorite restaurant to go to?
Any 4 Corners bar in the city, always a good time and has exceptional bar food