Get to know StudioGC’s architectural firm one employee at a time. Continue reading to learn more about our Associate Amy Pozezinski!
1. How long have you been with StudioGC?
2. What projects are you currently working on?
Libraries: Wood Dale, Green Hills, Wheaton, Park Ridge, and LaGrange Park
3. Before working at StudioGC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
I’ve had two to count: my first “job” ever was caddying and working bag room, summers in high school through college, at St. Charles Country Club. Prior to this, I was a designer for a company that manufactured high ropes adventure courses and zip lines
4. What is the one thing you cannot do without?
My family – mom, dad, sister and puppy.
5. What is your favorite project you have worked on?
Green Hills because it’s the first project I worked on from the beginning design stages, through Construction Documents and now Construction Administration.
6. What is the TV show you never miss?
Never really watch TV, just news and sports. I own a box collection of FRIENDS so if I ever need a laugh or to whine down at night, usually my go to.
7. What is playing in your car now?
101.9 The Mix or my iPod
8. Are you messy or organized?
9. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
I’m pretty satisfied with just being myself.
10. What is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
I’ve had the opportunity to travel and see a lot of the world but my European Study Abroad trip in college has to take the cake. Hopped from city to city around Britain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Greece, and Turkey for 3 months.
11. If you could have 1 wish granted, what would it be?
Student Loan to magically disappear
12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Australia or New Zealand – more realistically – Colorado.
13. What is your favorite holiday?
14. What was the first concert you went to see?
American Idols Live Tour 2005. The first of seven times I would have seen Carrie Underwood in concert.
15. An activity I’ve never done, but want to is:
16. Are you a morning or night person?
Both. Enjoy staying up late if the need is there but always up early to get the day started, weekday or weekend.
17. What is your favorite restaurant to go to?
Cozymel’s – love Mexican food
18. What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime?
Maybe not the greatest but Skype and FaceTime have been a savior for me in the past. Having lived hundreds of miles from family it was nice to “see” my parents on the weekend or my sister and baby nephew and niece when traveling wasn’t an option.
19. If you are not at StudioGC, what are you most likely doing?
Golfing, working out, and more golfing.
20.What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Take the risk. If you fail, it’s how to respond to it that makes you successful.