Get to know StudioGC’s architectural firm one employee at a time. Continue reading to learn more about our Project Manager Carl Giometti!
1. How long have you been with StudioGC?
2. What projects are you currently working on?
Multiple West Aurora School District Projects, several DaVita Dialysis centers, Green Hills, Fossil Ridge, and Watertown libraries.
3. Before working at StudioGC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
Not unusual but, interesting. I worked as a sales associate at REI. Besides helping people get paired with the right backpack or climbing harness, I often ended up helping them plan their trips. People would come in to buy gear for vacations all over the world.
4. If you are not at StudioGC, what are you most likely doing?
Something outdoors, usually birding.
5. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Don’t let fear of making a mistake turn to inaction.
6. What is the one thing you cannot do without?
I don’t care the season or weather, if I don’t get outside, even for a few minutes on my walk to the office, I get cabin fever.
7. What is your favorite project you have worked on?
Obviously bigger projects always have a little more excitement because of the possibilities but, really, I like projects where I connect with the client and it can be an honest, productive relationship.
8. What is the TV show you never miss?
Before it ended, Parks and Recreation. I enjoyed its optimism.
9. What is playing in your car now?
Glenn Frey just died, so lots of Eagles.
10. Are you messy or organized?
Usually organized with occasional periods of chaos.
11. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
12. What is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
My wife and I are trying visit all 59 national parks, so far we’ve been to 26. So I’ll cop out and just say all 26 of those trips are the best.
13. What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime and why?
Without a doubt, the internet. Its ability to disperse knowledge and connect people is truly profound.
14. If you could have 1 wish granted, what would it be?
Invisibility or immortality would be pretty cool, so would having the ability to fly. I suppose a more practical wish would be to be able to travel anywhere in the world whenever I wanted. I guess that’s just a wish for lots of money because, that would make that happen but, just wishing for a ton of money is kind of lame.
15. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Besides Chicago, the Pacific Northwest. Actually, let’s revisit question My wish is to have Chicago relocated to Oregon.
16. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. Eating and drinking with family and friends. What else is there?
17. What was the first concert you went to see?
John Mellencamp at the Rosemont Theater. Can’t say I’m too proud of that one. Maybe if he was still going by “John Cougar” at the time.
18. An activity I’ve never done, but want to is:
19. Are you a morning or night person?
Morning but, I’m flexible. If I’m doing something I want to do, time doesn’t matter.
20. What is your favorite restaurant to go to?
Blue Agave. It’s the best crappy Mexican restaurant in the city. Good chips and salsa, good margaritas, friendly staff, it’s perfect.