Get to know StudioGC’s architectural firm one employee at a time. Continue reading to learn more about our Studio Director, Cory Boaz!
1. How long have you been with StudioGC?
2. What projects are you currently working on?
Village of Niles Fire Station #3, West Aurora SD129 – New Hill Elementary School, Geothermal Installation and Additions at: Freeman Elementary, Nicholson Elementary, West High
3. Before working at StudioGC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
A sporting goods store in the mall with my best friend at the time. We had multiple TVs and were never busy, so we always were able to catch the games while being paid.
4. What is the one thing you cannot do without?
5. What is your favorite project you have worked on?
Whatever I am working on at that moment. Actually it was my very first project I touched as an intern, the Office of administration and Records at UIUC. It was not a very complex building but the initial shock of what goes into a building to a high school senior is much more than the sum of its parts. Every time I drive by it, I reflect on how far I have come as a professional.
6. What is the TV show you never miss?
I can miss them all right now and be fine, but I still want somebody to explain to me what really happened on “Lost”.
7. What is playing in your car now?
I hope I didn’t leave my stereo running in my car while I’m at work right now. If the battery hasn’t died yet, it is probably playing some jazz.
8. Are you messy or organized?
I’m an organized mess.
9. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
The Dos Equis Man
10. What is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
San Francisco with my then girlfriend which turned into my fiancé on the second day underneath the Golden Gate Bridge just seconds after she asked “why are you down on your knee?”.
11. If you could have 1 wish granted, what would it be?
Illinois National Championship in a revenue sport
12. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Some location in the deep woods with sandy beaches, snowy mountains, prairies, in an urban metropolis and plenty of wildlife and miles of bike paths. Chicago might be a close second.
13. What is your favorite holiday?
St. Patrick’s Day
14. What was the first concert you went to see?
MC Hammer, En Vogue, Vanilla Ice
15. An activity I’ve never done, but want to is:
Hike the Appalachian trail
16. Are you a morning or night person?
17. What is your favorite restaurant to go to?
Alexander’s in Champaign…family traditions
18. What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime?
The Internet. The ability to access unlimited amounts of information at a click of a mouse (or whatever device you may be using) has infinite possibilities.
19. If you are not at StudioGC, what are you most likely doing?
20.What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Effort doesn’t equal achievement