Get to know StudioGC’s architectural firm one employee at a time. Continue reading to learn more about our Project Manager Darren Schretter!
1. How long have you been with StudioGC?
I have been with StudioGC for 2 years and 5 months.
2. What projects are you currently working on?
I am working on a several different library projects of varying size, and I am finishing up the Beverly / Morgan Park Sports Center for the Chicago Park District.
3. Before working at StudioGC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
I worked on a library addition to an existing Carnegie library in Peoria Illinois that was built over a graveyard. The remains were supposed to have been completely removed when the original library was built in the early 1900’s. We discovered this was not the case and had to redesign the building as not to disturb those at rest
4. If you are not at StudioGC, what are you most likely doing?
Taking care of my house and three daughters.
5. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Never dismiss input or criticism out of hand.
6. What is the one thing you cannot doing without?
Food. I really enjoy cooking and eating.
7. What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I like all of the library projects I have worked on. I have a picture of each above my fireplace.
8. What is the TV show your never miss?
I don’t get a chance to watch much TV. If the TV is on at all I am watching Disney shows or movies with my daughters.
9. What is playing in your car now?
670 The Score
10. Are you messy or organized?
11. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
The President of the United States. I think it would be an incredible experience to see what the pressure of the job is like, understand the inner workings, and see what secrets are for the Oval office alone.
12. What is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
My honeymoon to Hawaii. We were in Kauai and Maui for 6 days each.
13. What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime and why?
I don’t think I have seen the greatest invention of my lifetime yet; but I believe it will be in robotics or nanotechnology. Maybe it is just hope, but I want my own R2D2 or micro machines.
14. If you could have 1 wish granted, what would it be?
That my three daughters all live long and happy lives.
15. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
16. What is your favorite holiday?
17. What was the first concert you went to see?
Family Values Tour (FFDP, Flyleaf, Evanescence, Korn)
18. An activity you’ve never done, but want to is:
Hike across the Grand Canyon.
19. Are you a morning or night person?
20. What is your favorite restaurant to go to?
I love to dine out and I have been to so many fantastic places it is really hard to select a favorite, but if I had to select a local one it would be Roy’s or Tompolobampo. If it could be anywhere I have been, it would be Wildermann in Salzburg, Austria.