Get to know StudioGC’s architectural firm one employee at a time. Continue reading to learn more about our Project Architect Liberty Turner!
1. How long have you been with StudioGC?
First go ‘round was 5 years 4 months. Decided to work for a guy with big red shoes and red hair (what can I say…I have a thing for red-heads J) I’ve been back for 2 years and 4months.
2. What projects are you currently working on?
I am working on several different projects both in the private and public sectors: Maywood SD, Atwood SD and Mendota SD HLS, Maywood Summer Project, West Aurora School Addition, DaVita Dialysis Centers, Lansing and Brookfield Public Library, Plainfield Police Department
3. Before working at StudioGC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
Before StudioGC, I was a residential architect. My most unusual job was being the executive administrative assistant to Christie Hefner for a day.
4. If you are not at StudioGC, what are you most likely doing?
Caring for the cutest, little red-headed 3 year old boy – my grandson.
5. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
Within your project team, listen to all involved – everyone has something to contribute and you will always learn something new along the way.
6. What is the one thing you cannot do without?
My family – I love them all to death.
7. What is your favorite project you have worked on?
I have enjoyed working on most of my projects at StudioGC, but one that is memorable is the comprehensive site and facilities master plan for Seneca Township High School (one of my first project with the firm that spanned multiple years). It was great to see projects completed per the master plan. If you’re a child of the ‘80’s, you should know this one, “I love it when a plan comes together”. In my residential days, a multi-million custom home with a private movie theater, an infinity pool and private bar – the site included a garage that can house 20 cars for a private car collection and mini power plant.
8. What is the TV show you never miss?
There isn’t one (I would rather be running or doing yoga), although, I will binge watch “The Walking Dead” when it comes on Netflix.
9. What is playing in your car now?
Not in the car, but when I am, I listen to talk radio.
10. Are you messy or organized?
I hate to admit it, but I lean towards messy.
11. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
Leonardo DaVinci, an intelligent and artistically gifted individual ahead of his time.
12. What is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
West Palm Beach
13. What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime and why?
I still have awhile so I will say it is coming and will be on the technology side (“Beam me up, Scotty”), but with that said, I can’t do without my iPhone – keeps me connected to family, friends, work and the world; tracks my running & provides entertainment, gets me around and so much more.
14. If you could have 1 wish granted, what would it be?
I know it probably does sound lame, but happiness for all – if everyone was happy in the world, we wouldn’t have all the problems we have now.
15. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
16. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas – I love all the decorations and lights and family time.
17. What was the first concert you went to see?
Don’t laugh – Air Supply
18. An activity I’ve never done, but want to is:
Diving with a wingsuit, it looks like you’re flying. It has got to be exhilarating and amazing.
19. Are you a morning or night person?
20. What is your favorite restaurant to go to?
Shinto, love the hibachi and sushi