Get to know StudioGC’s architectural firm one employee at a time. Continue reading to learn more about our intern Rebecca Murray!
1. How long have you been with StudioGC?
I’ve been with StudioGC for 8 months now.
2. What projects are you currently working on?
I’m currently helping out with a few different projects. I’m working on modeling the existing Harvard Diggins Library. I also was helping out with a BIM model for a Subaru in Naperville. I will also be helping out with the bid set for the interior renovations on Schaumburg 54 project.
3. Before working at StudioGC, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve had?
Before I worked at StudioGC, I worked at two other firms both located in Baltimore, Maryland. However, the most unusual and most interesting job that I had was probably back in middle school and high school when I was a dog walker. I had an ad in the neighborhood newsletter.
4. If you are not at StudioGC, what are you most likely doing?
I am most likely at Crown Hall at IIT, Illinois Institute of Technology, working on my studio project.
5. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
To get a different perspective for graduate school and move to Chicago
6. What is the one thing you cannot do without?
7. What is your favorite project you have worked on?
My favorite project I’ve worked on since my time here would probably have to be the West Aurora geothermal project. I got to go to the four different schools and walk them with 20/10, the engineers working on the project. I found this to be really informative and a great experience.
8. What is the TV show you never miss?
9. What is playing in your car now?
Justin Beiber. (Newly conformed “Believeber”)
10. Are you messy or organized?
An organized mess in a series of paper piles
11. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
Mies Van Der Rohe
12. What is the best vacation you’ve ever had?
During study abroad we visited 6 different cities/countries on spring break, my favorite was Prague by far.
13. What do you think the greatest invention is in your lifetime and why?
iPhone: it changed how simply products are designed.
14. If you could have 1 wish granted, what would it be?
To have won the Powerball Lottery
15. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
16. What is your favorite holiday?
17. What was the first concert you went to see?
Third Eye Blind
18. An activity I’ve never done, but want to is:
A road trip cross country
19. Are you a morning or night person?
20. What is your favorite restaurant to go to?